Monday, January 29, 2007

New Job

I have traveled from my home in North Central BC to North East Alberta, Fort McMurray. I have a new safety job at one of the oil sands extraction facilities north of this city. For a middle of winter trip through mountain passes the roads where great bare and dry.

I left home a few days early to ensure no problems or delays. Also I have a brother and family in Edmonton, so I had to visit. I got to see kids that I haven't seen in years. The kids are all great, this includes a few new additions to the family in the form of kids and significant others. The visit was wonderful, my brother Ed and his wife Marilyn where very gracious hosts. I am still eating the "road" snack that Marilyn made for me on the 5 hour trip from Edmonton to Fort McMurray.

No comments: